As planning for the One Night Stand progresses updates will be provided. To read the latest news click the links below:
triple j One Night Stand Newsletter 1(378 kb)
triple J's One Night Stand is coming to Lucindale, South Australia
So mark the date: Saturday, 14 September, 2019 and get ready to be entertained by the Hilltop Hoods, Meg Mac, Ocean Alley, G Flip and the triple j Unearthed winner.
For accommodation information, how to get to Lucindale and more visit www.lucindaleons.com.au
As this is a triple j event, in line with their requirements the event was kept secret until it was announced on triple j on Thursday 27 June.
Council is working with triple j and the Lucindale Lions Club, Lucindale Football Club, Lucindale Netball Club, emergency services and the bid convenors to ensure the event is successful.
Council will enter into a partnership arrangement with triple j, with Council supporting and funding the broader event costs and triple j bringing the entertainment and covering the production and broadcast costs.
This event will see an influx of people into the Limestone Coast region. Visitors will be looking for places to eat and things to see and do in the lead up to and following the concert.
About the concert:
- it is a drug and alcohol free event
- the event is Free but encourages a gold coin donation – money raised will go to a local charity
- the concert is at the Lucindale Oval
- Gates open at 3.30pm and the concert finishes at 9.30pm
- Yakka Park (the South East Field Days site) is hosting a tent city and campsite. To book accommodation at Yakka Park visit www.lucindaleons.com.au
- the event is expected to attract between 7,000 – 15,000 concert goers, with last year’s event at St Helens, Tasmania attracting 20,000 people
- the concert is for all ages and will be televised on ABC and streamed live on triple j
- triple j brings big name Aussie bands with artists announced for this year’s event including: Hilltop Hoods, Meg Mac, Ocean Alley and G Flip
- a local artist will get to open the event via the triple j Unearthed competition
- the event has been going for 16 years and is always well attended
- this will be the third time that South Australia has hosted the event and Lucindale is the smallest regional town ever selected
- triple j will work with Council and be the lead agency in the event
- the concert is always hosted in a regional town that doesn’t always have the opportunity to support or host live music
- the target audience is 18-25 but as it is all ages there will be a mix of families and older ages as well