The Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee is established underSection 41 of the Local Government Act, 1999 and Section 101A of the Development Act 1993 which requires Councils to establish a strategic planning and development policy committee.
The purposes of the committee in relation to planning and development and as legislated by the Development Act are:
- To provide advice to Council in relation to the extent to which Council’s strategic planning and development policies accord with the Planning Strategy;
- To assist the Council in undertaking strategic planning and monitoring directed at achieving:
- orderly and efficient development within the Council area;
- high levels of integration of transport and land-use planning;
- relevant targets set out in the Planning Strategy within the Council area;
- the implementation of affordable housing policies set out in the Planning Strategy within the Council area.
- To provide advice to Council (or to act as its delegate) in relation to strategic planning and development policy issues when the Council is preparing:
- a Strategic Directions Report; or
- a Development Plan Amendment proposal.
Other functions assigned to the committee by the council are to:
- guide and support Council’s plans and investment decisions that are fundamental to encouraging and enhancing economic opportunities for the district
To download a copy of the Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee terms of reference click the link below:
Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee Terms of Reference(140 kb)
All members of the Council are members of the Committee. A copy of members is available by clicking here
No items available to list.