The Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee is established underSection 41 of the Local Government Act, 1999 and Section 101A of the Development Act 1993 which requires Councils to establish a strategic planning and development policy committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to provide advice to Council in relation to the extent to which Council’s strategic planning and development policies in accordance with the Planning Strategy;
To assist the Council in undertaking strategic planning and monitoring directed at achieving:-
- orderly and efficient development within the Council area;
- high levels of integration of transport and land-use planning;
- relevant targets set out in the Planning Strategy within the Council area;
- the implementation of affordable housing policies set out in the Planning Strategy within the Council area.
To provide advice to Council (or to act as its delegate) in relation to strategic planning and development policy issues when the Council is preparing:-
- a Strategic Directions Report; or
- a Development Plan Amendment proposal.
To download a copy of the Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee terms of reference click the link below:
Members of the Committee are:
|February 22 2017|
|SPDP Agenda February 2017||Agendas|